MetGen portfolio represents the cutting-edge technology in enzymatic solutions designed to serve pulp&paper and renewable chemical industries.
This job involves the use of standard laboratory devices, laboratory maintenance, and final products handling.
Devices are run using standard and customized test methods.
Products require formulating and packing of various volumes (lab to 1m3 containers)
Successful completion of related tasks requires basic-level training for working in a lab environment independently.
- performing laboratory tests in order to produce reliable and precise data
- recording and analyzing data
- collecting, preparing and/or testing samples
- maintaining, calibrating, cleaning and testing sterility of the equipment
- product formulating and packaging
- Computer skills (MS Office) are needed.
- Following and ensuring strict safety procedures and safety checks.
MetGen performs tests on various types of pulps and laboratory sheets.
Prior experience in paper testing or paper industry would be a significant advantage.
Good team working and time management skills are a must.
Further information regarding the position can be asked from MetGen’s Application Team Leader: firstname.lastname@example.org or +358456509187
Deadline for the applications is 24.05.2018.
SENIOR SCIENTIST, INDUSTRIAL ENZYMES
We are looking for a full-time Senior Scientist to join our R&D team in industrial enzyme development projects.
Senior Scientist will
- provide technical leadership in enzymology and protein engineering, manage associate scientists and scientists, and lead projects that improve the performance of industrial enzymes
- create vision and strategy on how to discover, produce in a suitable host, with the state of the art genetic tools and with performing fermentation technology and downstream to succeed in the mission.
- Contribute to the company’s intellectual property portfolio and scientific publications. Present at internal meetings, external conferences, and meetings with outside partners/collaborators
Skills and Requirements:
Ph.D. degree in biochemistry, molecular biology, or a related discipline with several years of industrial experience in engineering enzymes
Expertise in all experimental aspects of enzyme technologies, including enzyme discovery, protein library design and screening, enzyme kinetics, and enzyme assay development.
Experience in the use of bioinformatics methods, protein structural analysis or modeling.
In-depth understanding of strain development, including industrially relevant bacterial and fungal strains.
Applying and Inquiries:
Please send your application or inquiries to email@example.com with “Senior Scientist” as the subject. Please be careful with the subject as we use this to screen the applications.
SEND US YOUR OPEN APPLICATION
We’re growing fast in 2018. Please send us your CV and an open application and we’ll keep you in mind when we search for the next star to join our team of professionals.
Desired qualities and requirements:
- Pro-active and self-driven.
- Ability to coordinate several parallel projects
- Development of own product and application knowledge.
- Few years working experience within the related industries is regarded as an asset.
- English skills are required. Other languages regarded as an advantage.
- Experience on Biotechnology/Chemistry is a significant asset
- Work typically requires some travelling.
- Relocation to Kaarina is optional
Send your CV and open application in English by email to firstname.lastname@example.org